The site was acquired 1992 by donation from George and Miriam Jaschek.
Some of the activities you can enjoy at this park are viewing Mink Hollow Covered Bridge, birding and nature watching, photography, picnicking.
Park Features
The main feature of this park is this beautiful ‘house bridge’. It was built in 1887 by Jacob R “Blue Jeans” Brandt using the multiple kingpost truss with a central X brace, is 54′ long plus 7′ overhangs at each end and sits over Arney Run (creek).
Borcher’s Mill was also called Oil Mill because it converted flax seed into linseed oil. The oil often floated atop of waters of Arney Run. So the bridge has also been referred to as Oil Mill Hollow Bridge.
Charles Goslin, a Fairfield County historian, argued to have the name changed because the bridge is located, not in Mink Hollow, but about five miles away in Oil Mill Hollow. The official name was changed to Mink Hollow Bridge Over Arney Run in Oil Mill Hollow Near the Borcher’s Mill. It is the longest name of any bridge in the US.
A restoration was completed in 1996.
Read more about our other covered bridges.
Map & Directions
Use the map above to get directions to this park. To view a Fairfield County map showing all Fairfield County Park District parks, see Map of Locations.
Location
2340 Meister Rd SW
Lancaster, OH 43130
Directions from Lancaster: From the corner of N Memorial Dr (US-33) and W Main St (US-22), drive west toward Circleville on Lincoln Av (US-22, Cincinnati-Zanesville Rd SW) approximately 0.7 miles. Turn south (left) onto Boving Rd; drive 2 miles. Turn right onto Hamburg Rd SW; drive 2.7 miles. Turn left onto Hopewell Church Rd SW; drive 0.8 miles. Turn left onto Meister Rd SW; drive 0.7 miles. Meister Rd SW make a curve to the right and becomes Crooks Rd SW. The entrance is on the left.






Social Contact